Sunday, August 28, 2016

Poem: Trapped

Exhaustion in my soul
Settles into my bones.
I am trapped.
A bird in a cage,
A prisoner locked far away.
I am trapped.
Please don't let me lose myself,
I still have far to go.
This journey is long, and it takes being strong,
But it is all I know.
Will you laugh and cry with me
And love me while I'm here?
Will you respect my identity?
Or leave your friend in tears.
I'm happy that you stayed with me
And sorry I have to go.
I tell you it's for the best.
Strangulation will not be my home.
I will chase my goals without regard for your conveniences
For now I'm on my own
I'll tell you for the longest time
That this is how it goes.
Please don't cry as I leave the nest,
I thank you for your care.
Please don't cry as I leave the pack
I just need some fresh air.
It's okay to let me go
Do whatever you feel is right.
Do what makes you comfortable.
I will deal with my own might.
If I seem far away.
It's okay, it's okay.
Wait for another lovely day.
It's okay, it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment